Saturday, January 23, 2010

American Nomad returns to BLOG

I'll admit I abandoned my Blogspot, but I'm returning with a newfound determination.  I've had a crazy six months since leaving Nashville and hitting the open road.  After moving all of our things into storage, my mom and I packed as much as we could in our 1988 Oldsmobile and hit the highway.  Night one we spent in the Rend Lake rest area in Illinois...we then went onto St. Louis and then onto Iowa before landing in the Badlands South Dakota for a night and then Keystone and Mt. Rushmore.  We ended up spending seventeen days in Custer State Park, one of the most beautiful and amazing places I have ever visited.  Our Oldsmobile finally kicked the can in Gilette WY.  Broke and without reliable transportation we made it to Bozeman MT, and decided to stay here for good.  I will be posting detailed journal entries from my great adventure in the coming weeks.  

God has worked wonders in my life.  We have a wonderful apartment and I live in one of the most beautiful and friendly places in the U.S.  I'm excited about travelling in the area as soon as I figure out a way to buy a car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment